If you would like Ellen to read and edit your manuscript, to consider a writing project (from a personalized poem to a chapter or whole book), or to give a workshop or reading to your school/community group, she will consider the request based upon her availability. Please email her for fee information and availability. Please only contact her through the form below for these services, and with other questions and comments about her work.
Listen to Ellen reciting poetry.
“The rule is, jam tomorrow and jam yesterday – but never jam today.” White Queen to Alice, Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There, by Lewis Carroll.
peach and gooseberry
sweet-tart on the tongue
spread on toast, muffins,
bagel with raisins
and cinnamon –
spice of the sabbath
now her body is jamming
itself, cells stuck and clogged
blocking the vital
flowers jam in the garden,
jazz musicians gone wild,
cacophony of tulips
trill of daffodil
violin tones of violets
and weeping redbud,
one gooseberry bush
bursting into flower
to be picked.
Ellen S. Jaffe, 2016
for Sharon H. Nelson (2 January 1948 – 12 June 2016)
published in Persimmon Tree, Summer 2017
- Written on the Body #47, January 3, 2022: Another Year Begins
- Written on the Body, #46, December 15, 2021: News Flash!
- Written on the Body, #45, December 8, 2021: To Be Continued…
- Written on the Body #44, November 13, 2021: The Body Speaks
- Written on the Body #43, October 11, 2021: Thanksgiving: good news, other news, writing news